Sunday, July 12, 2015

27/52


A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
36 weeks old - Family Traditions

Almost all year now we've maintained the new family tradition of going to the markets every Saturday morning for breakfast and our weekly shop. When we first started going it was so hot that we just had you in a nappy and nothing else inside the ergo carrier where as now you are all bundled up to face the coldest weather you've experienced yet. Sometimes we are joined by other people for breakfast, friends or your grandparents, and sometimes it is just the three of us. It is my absolute favourite thing we do and I am so happy to be establishing new traditions with you and your dad. Family traditions were always so special to me growing up, Saturday roasts at Granny and Grandpa's were the only thing that made becoming vegetarian difficult and for years after your uncle and I stopped sharing a room we would still spend christmas eve in the same room so that we could wake up on christmas morning together. As I've grown up all these traditions have faded away or changed dramatically, there are many wonderful things about being a young adult and setting out on your own path but I have missed the warmth of family traditions and am so happy to be creating these new ones that will fill your childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment