Saturday, March 7, 2015

9/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
18 weeks old – Outside

You love being outside. Whenever you're over tired or frustrated and getting worked up taking you outside almost immediately calms you down. Just like you, I feel most at peace when I'm outside amongst the natural world, so when our day is tough and we haven't had enough sleep the night before we go for a walk, or even just sit in the garden together. You watch the leaves move in the wind and chatter away to the birds and I watch you.
Our trip to Marion Bay was lovely, you were a little champion for the long drive both ways and did so well being surrounded by more people than you're used to, charming everyone. The landscape there is rough and a little bit wild and you and I were in our element.Together we watched the waves, the stars, the sunsets and thanks to a rooster one morning- the sunrise.  It was a different trip than the ones before, slower, more restful, but I think it was my favourite yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment