Thursday, January 29, 2015

4/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
13 weeks old – a bit of a scratch

You gave yourself quite a scratch this week and as I fretted over what I should put on it I realised that this is the first time we've really had any cause to be concerned about your well-being (and even now, what a very small thing this is!). After not knowing if I would ever be able to have a baby, and a few scares during pregnancy, we've ended up with a happy, flourishing bundle of bliss and I am so very aware of how lucky this makes us.

In this past week we've been apart properly for the first two times (though only for a couple of hours in-between feeds). While it's nice to focus on other people and activities every now and then, during our time apart I feel like part of me is missing and for now I'm happy for those times to be few and far between.

This blanket behind you is one from my childhood. I slept under it, built forts with it, I even snuck it into my bag on family holidays when I felt anxious about being away from home. When we brought it out to cover the chair in your room when I was 39 weeks pregnant and frantically trying to get eveything prepared for your arrival, I finally felt your room was finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment