Saturday, April 11, 2015

14/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
23 weeks old – Teeth

This week we had a new arrival, your first tooth! It seems to have bothered me much more than it's bothered you, luckily it seems you've gotten over testing them out while feeding already. Number two is about to break through too and I can't believe it's time to say goodbye to our gummy smile. 
This week has been a full one, it started with the end of the Easter long weekend, a lovely four days with your darling dad, and ended with us watching your Grandpa, who is terrified of heights, abseil down the tallest building in our city to raise money for the organisation he runs. I was so proud. The rest of our time was filled hanging out with all our favourite babies and their beautiful mamas. Becoming a mum has been a sometimes lonely experience but I am so grateful for the new friendships that have developed. It's funny how such a huge, trans-formative experience is actually so universal. Nothing has connected me more to other women then the experience of bringing you in to this world and the process of raising you.

No comments:

Post a Comment