Saturday, April 18, 2015

15/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
24 weeks old – Grumps

I have to admit I'm getting rather slack at taking these photos. The last four have either been from my phone or taken in the dying light of the day I set as my deadline, this one was of the latter and you were not in the mood for a photo at all. This grumpy little face though, is one I want to remember just as much as the smiley one. Already you are your mothers daughter, so strong willed, so social, so sure of what you want - I know one day our similarities are going to make us roar at each other, but I love seeing myself in you.
Our week has been a little more quiet than usual but the biggest news from it is that you can now officially roll. I've known you can do it for weeks now, but you just hadn't actually done a full one yourself and then one day I popped you down on your mat and went off to the bathroom and when I came back you were on your front! You've been doing it regularly ever since, only from your back to your tummy so far, but I think you're enjoying the extra range of movement it gives you. You're getting awfully close to sitting by yourself too. It's funny how quickly these milestones are reached, you're on the edge of them for so long and then suddenly, here we are. Next week you are six months old and I feel a small lump in my throat every time I think about it - how is this going so fast?

No comments:

Post a Comment