Wednesday, June 3, 2015

21/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
30 weeks old - Little adventurer

This week has been one of those ones where I've seen so much change in you. You're officially sitting now, you can balance so well by yourself and to an extent correct your balance when you lean to far one way or the other, though you haven't yet figured out how to get in to a sitting position by yourself. You're also starting to move about a bit, very slowly and very short distances but with a combination of wriggling and rolling, pushing and pulling, you can inch your way towards things that catch your interest. And there is just so much to be interested in! You're starting to interact more with other babies, using your new found mobility to take away their toys or snacks, grab at their hands or face - just like you do to your dad and I. It is suddenly so clear that you find these interactions completely delightful as you chuckle to yourself or look up at me with a big grin as if to say "thank you for this new little person to play with mama". We had your six month check up at the beginning of the week, the day after you turned 7 months in fact. You are nailing every developmental milestone for your age and beyond and are off the charts for height and weight at 10.08kg and 73cm. Some days I look at you and think you're huge and other days I am reminded how small you still are. When I look back at photos I remember how big I thought you were then but looking back you were oh so small, I try and remember that these moments we have now are the ones I will be looking back on one day soon. You have some mild eczema that we took you to the doctor for too but that is clearing up quickly with less frequent showers and by using a more intense moisturiser during your nightly massage.
I took you to a music and movement performance designed specifically for babies as a part of the ComeOut festival with some of the other yoga babies. It was honestly one of my favourite experiences we have shared yet. You were just so alert and engaged, sitting up completely straight, squealing with delight, singing away and chatting to the performers as you waved your arms about. You were honestly one of the most engaged babies there, other people commented on it too, and it was completely amazing to see. I was glowing with pride, you blow me away every day my darling girl, but this was particularly special. That night one of the yoga mums emailed me to say how lovely we are to watch together, what a special bond we have and what a great mama I am. We've been having a seriously tough time at night and other babies we know whose parents aren't as in to attachment parenting are sleeping pretty much through the night now so sometimes it is hard for me not to wonder if I've made you too reliant on me for sleep, but comments like that help me remember why I parent the way I do. You are a happy and secure baby and I know we'll get there with sleep soon, we're doing such a good job with everything else. I'm so proud of all three of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment