Sunday, May 17, 2015

19/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
28 weeks old - Holiday

You were a complete superstar for your first interstate trip. The plane didn't seem to bother you at all, in fact you seemed to find the whole experience very exciting indeed. You were the perfect little travel companion as we wandered around Melbourne for a few days, catching up with lovely friends (Steph, Pam and Dubs).
We spent the first night at Stephs apartment and as her mattress is on the ground we were at the same level as your portacot so I removed one of the sides so that it was almost as if we were sharing the same bed and you actually did almost as well as when we sleep together so your dad and I decided we will try a similar set up at home. You weren't so keen on the cot once we moved to the apartment we stayed in for the rest of the trip and so you shared the bed with us, which we had expected might be the case. Our apartment was lovely and light and in such a good location that we didn't need to venture to far away. You happily hung out in the ergo as your dad and I explored countless shops and just as happily munched away on food when we stopped for a meal. You're doing so well with eating and while it makes eating out a much messier affair, it's so fun to see you delighting in the new flavours I offer you from my plate, alongside your favourite cucumber and sweet potato which were your staples for the trip. For the most part we all managed to stay happy and relaxed. I'm proud of how all three of us managed it all.
Seeing you play with Steph and her boyfriend Tom was so very delightful. Watching you develop your own relationships is really special. They were so lovely with you, and so happy to have us in their new town. Like with Rhys and Carley in Sydney, I'm sad that some of my favourite friends live interstate and so aren't as constant features in your life if they were here but there are reasons why these people are so dear to me and when I see you with them, and the care and attention they give you, those reasons are only reinforced.
Thank you for making our first interstate holiday as a family so delightful my dear one. I can't wait for all the other adventures we'll have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment