Thursday, May 7, 2015

18/52

A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
27 weeks old – Book Worm

I hope one day you love reading books as much as you currently love chewing on them. Even why you were a couple of weeks old being read to started to frustrate you and as you became more in control of your arms it became apparent you felt it was a bit of a tease, us holding thus bright shiny object out of your reach. Now that you have so much strength and control it can be hard to get through a book without you pulling it into your mouth as you grunt thoughtfully at it. If you're grumbling an almost fool proof way to cheer you up is to hand you a book to hold all by yourself, though now you often wave your toys around gleefully when you've got them and just after this photo was taken you gave yourself a good whack under your eye. Occasionally though you will sit and listen to me read and I get a glimps of the future, sharing so many adventures with you through books as I loved doing with your Granny and Grandpa.
This week has been tough. You battle sleep so hard every night and wake frequently. We are all exhausted and for the first time I am really questioning my parenting. I'm sorry we haven't nailed this sleep thing yet little bug, your dad and I are doing the best we can. I hope we get there soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment