Wednesday, June 17, 2015

23/52




A portrait of my daughter, once a week, every week, in 2015
32 weeks old - Glorious food

It is such a joy seeing you enjoy food. I am so glad we decided to try baby led weaning. It's messy and takes patience but watching you explore food and figure out how to feed yourself has been amazing.
You love rockmelon, oranges, mandarins, sweet potato, cauliflower, cucumber... pretty much everything. When you're really excited about something you squeak at me until I give it to you, if you're enjoying what you're eating you chat away about it and sometimes even offer it to your dad and I to try and when you're sick of eating you turn around and look over the back of the high chair, ignoring all our attempts to get you interested.
We now sit at the table every night and enjoy dinner together, something your dad and I never used to do and I love this new ritual that we've created because of you. I'm so excited about all the family traditions we're going to create as you grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment